View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 30, 2008, 09:36am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post
IMO, it's not baiting because you are still giving him choices. If you want to give a T for the halftime stuff, I guarantee all hell will break loose if you do it coming out of the half. You may say "not my problem, his actions need punishment." I say its a battle you can't win, pick it else where. Like on something you can win... right out in the open court.

He'll flip, bench will flip, hell home scorer might flip. Then whatda ya got? A situation you ain't ever fixing for the last 16.
He won't flip, he'll be in the locker room. If I call this T, it's gonna be flagrant given the profanity and accusations.

And yes, it is baiting. Dancing around it by calling it something else is just silly. I'm with the Preacher on this one. Give him a short leash if you want, but don't go baiting him into it. If you do as your original post says, you'll have to answer for it or lie about it when the coach reports your comments to the state, your assigner, or both.

Quote:
Hell, you could make an argument that doing it behind the scenes is baiting another 5 T's.
Only if you want to make the argument that calling a deserved T baits a coach into another one. As I said, he won't get any more in my game.

He'd walk out to the court with his team, and I'd inform him, the bench, and the other coach that we're calling a flagrant Technical foul on him. He's ejected.

Quote:
I'd penalize him too, and him and me would know its about what he did at halftime, everyone else will think he must have said a magic word into my ear. You may say that he'll cry foul about it, but I bet that he doesn't want his AD to know what he did back there, so he'll probably bite his tongue. And the cosmic forces realign, Team B gets their two shots.

It's not perfect, and I have some problems with it, but it's the best way IMO. Any other way produces an outcome I don't want.

If he did it running off the court into half, we'd have another story.
frankly, your way produces an outcome I don't want. Either call the T or don't, but don't bait him into a different one.

Hell, if you want, call the T after the 2nd half starts and flat out tell him, "It's for what you said at half time."