View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunNewBlue View Post
This has been a very interesting series of posts.... as a father of a varsity basketball player, personally I think you should have immediately ejected him, in front of all his kids, while in the locker room... (IMHO, the locker room is NOT a sanctuary to do BAD things) and made sure that he earned at the very least a few games off to reflect on his coaching style (NFHS has zero tolerance for "bad language" as does the LHSAA)... Now, as a non-professional referee... i just dabble in the minors ... I would have whacked him... rule references be damned, as a "Coach, you know that just ain't right" should suffice... of course since he's already whacked, he's a dead man and I don't talk to dead men.
As a professional umpire "if there is such a thing...lol" I am amazed... no make that totally baffled...no, make that flabbergasted... that behavior like this is tolerated. Although "playing devils advocate here for lack of rule references" sometimes the rules don't allow/reference for such over the top, totally ridiculous behavior and good common sense must rule.