View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
In this case, the coach isn't properly fulfilling his role as a steward of his young charges. He isn't simply criticizing the calls or performance of the officials, but with his 8 v. 5 comment is actually calling them cheaters. Furthermore, he is directly telling the youngsters on his team that those three adults are intentionally being cheating them. I don't know of a more insulting comment that a coach can make than to impugn the personal integrity of a game official. This offense, in front of the very youth for which the coach is supposed to be setting a good example, is unconscionable and calls for sterner action than just a behind the scenes filing of a report. The kids won't see the report, but they do see the action and hear the words of the coach, and that needs to be contradicted by public punishment so that the kids understand that this behavior is wrong. This situation is about doing what is right for the kids.
But if you can show me an official specifically has jurisdiction over the teams locker room I'll jump on board.
Because based on this logic - if you go back into the locker room at the 6 minute mark and the team is in there and the coach is giving his Rah Rah speech in the same locker room and he says, go out there and kick their
F^(#&@g A$$e$ and you hear it, you have to Whack him for that !