View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 12:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Incorrect. I never addressed the kicker at all. I stated that at least one of the other 10 would enter the NZ.

Negative. In both the situations I had, the "kicker" did not enter the NZ but several of the other 10 did almost immediately.

Not all kickers enter the NZ prior to contacting the ball.
Yes, you did talk about the kicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland View Post
NFHS Rules. K7 is the kicker for a kickoff. K7 wiffs the kick missing the ball completely. What rule applies?
Quote:
It's nothing as long as none of the other 10 enter the NZ.
By saying it is nothing if none of the other 10 players do it you are saying it is legal if the other player does it. You specifically said that it is nothing as long as none of the other 10 players goes into the neutral zone. If it was illgeal for the potential kicker to enter the neutral zone why did you just not say "It's nothing as long as no one enters the NZ"?

Quote:
Negative. In both the situations I had, the "kicker" did not enter the NZ but several of the other 10 did almost immediately.

Not all kickers enter the NZ prior to contacting the ball.
If someone runs towards a ball, tries to kick it, and misses it is almost impossible that some part of his kicking foot would not enter the neutral zone. I find it very hard to believe that you have had a person wiff at the ball and not have his foot enter the neutral zone.