View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 26, 2008, 02:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Ball Not Released, Successful Shot ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
What happens if the ball is not released during the act of shooting?
Thanks for asking. That's a great question. In fact, I find that all of your posts are very interesting, educational, and often, humorous. I'll give it a shot.

A1 is in the act of shooting a jumper. Before the ball is released, B1 pushes A2 in the back. Try is successful.
Continuous motion applies here because an opponent of the shooter has fouled. Ball was still live after the foul. Count A1's field goal.
If Team A is in the bonus, A2 gets a one-and-one, or if Team A is in the double bonus, A2 gets two shots.
If Team A is not in the bonus, Team A gets the ball for a designated spot throwin nearest the foul.

A1 is in the act of shooting a jumper. Before the ball is released, A2 pushes B1 in the back. Try is successful.
Continuous motion does not apply here because a teammate of the shooter has fouled. Ball was dead on the foul. No field goal by A1.
This is a team control foul, so we won't be shooting any free throws.
Team B gets ball for a designated spot throwin nearest the foul.

All of the above assumes that the try was successful. If it wasn't, then all bets are off. Let's see if my answers above are correct before we go down the "try unsuccessful" path.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 26, 2008 at 05:03pm.