View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 26, 2008, 07:18am
Esteemed Forum Member

Sounds Good So Far, Keep Going ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishstripes View Post
Fighting that starts when the ball is live or dead is a flagrant technical. Just because there is contact during a live ball doesn't make it a personal foul. You are enforcing the fighting, not the contact. Similar to the "bumping of chests" in another current thread by "A1 and B1" yes they made contact during a live ball, but you enforce the unsporting behavior not the contact.
Sounds good, but as usual, do have any citations?

Also can we simplify this, only two players, no bench players involved. While the ball is live, without the official observing any previous unsporting gestures, language, or contact, A1 punches B1. The ball is dead with the foul, not the whistle, but to further simplify, let's say that immediately after the whistle, so the ball is definitely dead, B1 punches A1. Can this be a false double, flagrant personal (live ball contact) on A1, flagrant technical (dead ball flagrant, or intentional, contact) on B1? Or is it a double foul, and I realize that both fouls must be personal, or technical, for it to be a double foul, but since one is a live ball foul, and one is a dead ball foul ... I'm confused. I need a citation. Quickly. Please.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 26, 2008 at 02:47pm.