View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 24, 2008, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

This is easy.... My second year officiating, I have already gotten the "ref hike" of pulling up your pants about every dead ball. Oh yeah I had also gone from about 300 lbs to around 250.
Fast break, I feel the britches starting to slide down a tad. No worries, we can stop, I can hike and move on. Butt nNNNOOOOOO.... the little weazel has to turn the ball over. So as I stop and begin my pivot to head down the court I feel first one side then the other slide over my non exitent tuckus and now have my pants just below my buttocks. But I press on, run down the court as though I am riding a horse to make sure there is no more "slippage". But the fun keeps going, there is a "bang-bang" play, and I signal out of bounds.
After the game our supervisor comes into the locker room and asks about that specific play. He asks why I didn't call a blocking or charging foul but just went out of bounds. I said "Two reasons, first Ithought they both got to the spot at the same time and there was some REALLLY bad acting, thus no call." He asked what the second reason was, I said "Well, since my pants were about to fall off, I thought that the less moving I did the better, and there is no telling what would have happened if I had to move from the baseline and report the foul!" He thought the second reason was a better reason!