View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 24, 2008, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Embarrasing moments?

in twenty-five plus years I have had several.

the two highest profile were:
About 15 years ago Boys Varsity Game - I am the trail, bringing the ball up the floor with A1 and B1, just over the mid-court line A1 hands off to A2 and I am now straight lined by A2 to the defenders. B2 claps his hands and the slap reverberates throughout the gym, ...Tweet ... foul on B2.
I am the only one in the Gym who doesn't know what happened and I go to the table report and rotate and everything, while the entire facility is just laughing away at my expense.
I didn't finid out until half time in the locker room what the deal was! Wow, I learned to move for position on a play quickly.

About five years ago - Girls Varsity Regional final, I am the T working the sideline in the front court - I had stepped down around the 28 foot line to get an angle on a match up with the ball just above that point and when the ball went to the middle I backed up and tripped over my own two feet landed on my bumm and slid OOB. The pass came right back to the match-up in front of me, the ball hit the floor their was a scramble for the ball and it went OOB in front of me, but I had the call no problem perfect mechanics from the kester up while sitting on the floor.