View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Scrapper,

You know the drill, but I am posting this for those outside Massachusetts who do not. You followed the procedure. Period. It is not your job to make the AD do his. If he does not, you walk, call your assignor and let him deal wit the A.D. You are not required to fill out the MIAA paperwork and you should not.

Post-Game Handshake Cancellation- Scenario #3

In cases where the home school does not fulfill the protocol responsibilities, thereby impacting concerns over health and safety of the post-game handshake participants, the game officials may exit the court immediately following the final buzzer. In these situations, the referee will be required to make contact with the game official assignor within 24 hours. Upon receiving a report confirming the reasons for the officials’ decision not to participate, the assignor will communicate these concerns to the building athletic director (first report). Subsequent reports will be directed to the school principal, followed by the MIAA District Committee chairperson.

As an aside...at my board meeting this month, the interpreter noted how the MIAA is so hot to push us to enforce the handshake, but it gives a waiver to schools from the "home team must wear white" rule and refuses to take an active role in requiring a coaching box be marked.

And my own pet peeve: which shot-clock rule do we use? The one posted on the MIAA Web site or the one included in the MIAA Blue Book (which lists all MIAA rules for all sports). Hint: they are not the same.

Last edited by BayStateRef; Sun Dec 21, 2008 at 10:05pm.