View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 05:21pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
A buddy told me the other day that during a game, there was a power outage in the 3rd quarter. The custodian tried to get the power back on for about 30 minutes but couldn't, so they called the game. He found out later (on the news) that some driver hit a power pole in that neighborhood. Ironically, it was a player's relative who was coming to the game to pick up the player to take him home. He asked me if I ever had something that weird happen that wasn't part of the actual playing of the game. I told him about an incident a few years ago when a dog ran out onto the court during play. Some lady brought her "teacup poodle" to the game inside her purse. She put the purse down during the first quarter and the dog ran out, down the bleacher steps and onto the court. We caught it and gave it back, telling her that if it happened again, she'd have to leave. I also told both coaches that players had to wait to be beckoned and needed to have jerseys. Not only that, the dog wasn't even in the book!

Any good stories?
I once went to see a fight and a hockey game broke out.