View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Cons

Right on Oz!

It's not just baseball that suffers from what amounts to a lack of accountability. This is what's poisoning society and making lawyers rich.

In my opinion, we shouldn't need to be correct all the time, as long as we are fair every time. Rats demand that we are to be perfect on every call, every time. However, while we're doing that, we have to be baby sitters, police officers, judges, meteorologists, whipping posts, and the whole time we're expected to be nice and not be percieved as "arrogant" or "unapproachable".

I spend so much of my time and money, like most all of you do, to be at my best on the field. That means I really do care about being in the right place and making the right call every time. The reality is we are all human and the game is also played by humans. I don't make any call with self interest or bias. So what if it's wrong.

If I didn't see something I should have and there is a chance my partner(s) had a better view, I'll confer. Otherwise, I'm going to keep trying to get them all myself and not hang any of my partners out to dry.

D