View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 08:15am
Official Forum Member

I would have hit her with a T and then another for each yell across the court. Anytime someone begins their rant with the word "you", then I better like every word I hear out of their mouth. So she is gone. After the game...get off the court. A nod to the table....I dont care if anyone says good bye or not. And then the other thing is....you cant quote silence. Coach wants to yell down the hall at you...fine. Coach wants to yell at you on the court....fine. Dont respond. Because however right you are....a coach will say you are wrong. Its all perception. And, for the matter of you not working a particular school again...Oh well. There are hundreds of other games for you to officiate. If you dont go to Podunk HS in Podunk USA thats fine.

The only other thing is that whenever a partner or senior official takes your arm and wants you to back off...take the urging. He is seeing it through cleaner lenses than you are...and in the long run is trying to avoid ugliness down the road. Report the incident immediately and get ready for your next game.

And, while Im thinking of it...an assigner knows of a difficult previous situation and sends you back. I dont know about that one.