Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
You sign the scorebook and head home.
In a tie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Wow. SubVarsity, go ahead.
Varsity? I don't know. Either way, call CHSAA my friend.
Varsity, I know huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishstripes View Post
5-4-3 Whenever a game is interrupted because of events beyond the control of the responsible administrative authorities, it shall be continued from the point of interruption unless the teams agree to terminate the game with the existing score, or there are conference, league, or state association rules to cover the situation.

With that said, get game administration involved, if the game is to be interrupted or otherwise, I would make notes of time, situation, in your case note who is who is taking the ball out and where or who might be shooting FTs, etc. in the scorebook, so that if the game is restarted it can continue from the POI.
I used 2-3 to suspended the game as opposed to terminating it because 5-7-3 gives me the impression that games don't end in ties.
One of the umpires on my crew copied all the particulars down & I submitted an email to my supervisor. I think if I ended the game right then & there, it was no going back to fix anything. Now CHSAA can make that final decision to terminate or resume at the POI, B2 shooting a 1 & 1.

It was a wierd experience but I feel that we handled it properly.