View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

I do not agree the "Get it Right" theory that has shrouded our sport over the last few years. I don't mind going for help in the "old school" ways and I will on occasion, entertain a request from a Manager or HC to talk to my partner. As I have shown in another forum, I will discuss a situation with my partner but not the entire crew.

I've been known to refer to umpire conferences as board meetings and with good reason. There are companies out there that hold a meeting for everything. They can't make a move with out conference calls or net-meetings to decide the smallest thing. Our sport is falling prey to the same thing that many companies are these days. Meetings for this and that instead of making a decision and moving along.

At one time, our sport was noted for a play followed by a call from the umpire. The call was the call and you could discuss it but you better watch out. Over time, our sport has taken over by a bunch of cry babies and pansies! Constantly whining and complaining over the simplest of calls. And what have we as officials done? Go right along with them, pandering to their every whim and whine. Well, I do not nor will I ever!

Now the FED wants to go the route of NCAA and they can have it! My assigner already knows that I will not agree with this candy-a$$ed nonsense! I am there to make the call and that is what I do. Don't like my call? TOUGH! Piss a little more and you're going to have to watch the replays on ESPN!

Sorry, but this subject just pisses me off!

Last edited by ozzy6900; Sun Dec 21, 2008 at 11:57am.