Thread: Nfhs 3-2-1
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 01:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
The home scorekeeper buzzed us during the first quarter and indicated that one of their players wasn't in the book. I assessed the T, she added the player, and we went on. Later in the day it hit me that this shouldn't have been at T for the simple fact that she had simply omitted a name when copying the lineup from the previous game.
Something about this bothers me. I will accept a scorekeepers copying mistake to avoid the technical foul for "submitting", especially if the coach shows me a correct, complete, roster sheet that he submitted, or if the first book with both lineups has all the names, and one name was omitted when copied into the second book. In these cases we have written proof that it was an error by the scorekeeper, and that the coach did indeed "submit" his roster on time. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about Back In The Saddle's post is whispering "technical foul" to me. It's just a whisper. I'm not sure where it's coming from, or if I should pay any attention to it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)