View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 03, 2002, 07:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by JThompson
I have read and read this board for nearly a year. . . I have shed 45 pounds this summer, and did my level best to read the rule book and condition myself. I think I am really gonna love it (if I can keep the wife happy during the three and a half months while I officiate)!
John, welcome to the board. Good luck to you this season. If nothing else, shedding 45 pounds has probably made you a healthier person. Congratulations, I know how hard it can be to lose extra weight.

I think you'll find that officiating is very challenging, moreso than you would've guessed as a player or coach. But you will probably also love it. Believe it or not, you've already stumbled on some of the most important aspects of officiating. You've been studying the rulebook, you've gotten yourself into decent shape, and you are already aware that family concerns will come into play.

As far as the "parking" concerns, I don't advertise where I've parked at a game site; but I don't worry about it too much. Best of luck to you!

Chuck