Thread: Nfhs 3-2-1
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 02:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
so many times you get scorekeepers writing in names at the last minute
This may, or may not be a problem. There is no requirement for the scorekeeper to have the names written in the book at the 10 minute mark. The requirement is for the team to "supply the scorer with the name and number of each team member who may participate and designate the five starting players at least 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time."

It's not uncommon for the HC to instruct the scorekeeper to just copy the lineup from the previous game. As far as I can tell, that meets the requirements for submitting the lineup.

(BTW, I kicked this one in a game last season. The home scorekeeper buzzed us during the first quarter and indicated that one of their players wasn't in the book. I assessed the T, she added the player, and we went on. Later in the day it hit me that this shouldn't have been at T for the simple fact that she had simply omitted a name when copying the lineup from the previous game.)

Last edited by Back In The Saddle; Sat Dec 20, 2008 at 02:34am.