Thread: Fight situation
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 02:22am
We don't rent pigs

Fight situation

Tonight, observing VG game. I was engaged in conversation, and as a result missed a crucial piece of the puzzle. Let's see who can be first to figure it out.
Ball is in play, red has team control. White 30 fouls red 33. Red 33 retaliates with an elbow after the whistle. White 30 gives her a big shove and follows up, wanting more. She is grabbed by teammates and an official intervenes. Things heat up more. People stream onto the court from every direction. Coaches of both teams. Cops. Adults, presumably parents, out of the stands. I'm told afterward several players left white's bench, not sure about red's bench, but no one else did any fighting, although white 30, I'm sure, would have accommodated. There was a considerable discussion, then red 11 stepped to the free throw line with the lane empty. She clanked the first, then returned to the huddle in front of the bench. There was another short pause, teams huddled at their respective benches, and the officials conferred further. Then, ball was put in play at the division line by white. I went totally blank trying to figure out what they had called. The answer, after I heard it, was obvious.

Who's first?

Lonesome Dove