View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 07:53pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Penalized when they occur/add to or change the scorebook

3) Penalized when they occur, after ten minute time limit. The infraction occurs when the scorer is advised to add to or change the scorebook. The foul must be charged when it occurs and enforced when the ball next becomes live. Once the ball has become live, it is too late to penalize. A maximum of one technical foul per team regardless of the number of infractions for 2a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a:
a) A team shall not add a name to the team member list after the ten minute time limit. Team technical foul. When such a player legally enters the court, the player’s name, and number, must be entered into the scorebook.

I believe that this means that the infraction is not for the player participating with no name/number in the book. The infraction is for adding a name to the book. If the scorekeeper, for some reason, adds the name/number on his own, then the, "The foul must be charged when it occurs and enforced when the ball next becomes live. Once the ball has become live, it is too late to penalize." comes into play. That's the best I can offer, and I've been working on these type of technicals for a couple of months. It's a goal of mine this year.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 07:58pm.