Thread: How Far???
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

How Far???

How far are you guys willing to travel for a game. Here is my situation: I have been asked/invited to work in a new conference. Most of the schools are at least 1 hr-1 1/2 away from me. the basketball in my area of cleveland (westside)is decent at best. I have asked a few other officials and they tell me that this is a strong conference with good ball. A few guys have told me if you want to see some good basketball you will need to travel a bit. My question is how far would you guys be willing to travel? I currently work in 3 conferences now and the schools are anywhere from 10-35 minutes away from home. A few things that I must consider is picking my sone up from school at 3pm. The weather in the cleveland area can get crappy in the winter. And gas prices, gas is cheap for now but im sure it will go back up. Ignatz if you could give me some input on this that would be great. Considering you are from the area and know what I mean about the weather. Thanks for all the input! Here is the real kicker this conference is this is the same conference that Diebler played in!