View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 12:01pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Last weekend, I had a 6th grade girls tournament game in which I called only one foul. My partner called zero. He said that was the first time he ever went an entire game without calling a foul. Frankly, both teams played such poor defense there wasn't anything even close to contact. The foul was for a trip, which was somewhat accidental.

I've said this before, but it fits with this thread, so here it is again. On the final Saturday of last season's local kids rec league games, I was working a 7th grade boys game with a young lady who was a HS senior. She'd been reffing for us since she was a freshman. In the entire game, we called a total of 5 fouls. After the game, the losing coach came up to her and said, "5 fouls - that's all? We took a lot of elbows out there." She replied, "You took a lot of elbows?" He said "Yeah." She said, "Then you'd better give them back. We can't have kids going around without their elbows."

His jaw dropped about three feet. I just cracked up. I asked her, "Where did you come up with that?" She said, "Hey - I've been working with you for four years." I felt like a proud father.