View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 13, 2008, 04:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
This is one thing I was happy to ignore along with "promotion" and the rest of that nonsense. My coach ratings were always good, but that's the only number I ever saw while licensed down there.

Wisconsin's rating system is slanted too much the other way. Being a "Master" means little here. 16 varsity games scheduled, rules meeting attendance (or watched online depending on sport), 90% on open book Part I and II, meeting all deadlines. I wouldn't hire some Masters (baseball example, where you only need 8 varsity assignments) to umpire a Little League game.
Being a Certified official does not guarantee you get games or even varsity games. It is just the highest ranking of our officials and only a small percentage get to work post season games. It is just a way to show some proficiency to being able to officiate. It is not full proof by any means and I do not think it is used that way. That is why we have ratings for number of varsity games, camps you attend on a yearly basis and your Top 15 and coaches/officials ratings.

Peace