View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 13, 2008, 10:50am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It is just an objective number that factors in things like games you have worked, ratings from coaches and officials, camp participation and your test score and past playoff assignments. The higher the number does not give you necessarily you more post season games or you will go further. It is just and objective way to identify better officials but the administrator can consider many other things when deciding who works post season or not.

Peace
This is one thing I was happy to ignore along with "promotion" and the rest of that nonsense. My coach ratings were always good, but that's the only number I ever saw while licensed down there.

Wisconsin's rating system is slanted too much the other way. Being a "Master" means little here. 16 varsity games scheduled, rules meeting attendance (or watched online depending on sport), 90% on open book Part I and II, meeting all deadlines. I wouldn't hire some Masters (baseball example, where you only need 8 varsity assignments) to umpire a Little League game.