View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 12, 2008, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

This is what I call a sticky situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref View Post
Example. I'm Trail,player drives from partners primary we have all kinds of colliding ,falling, pushing, shoving and partner has a no call. Now I'm lead and I come up with a call on a similar play. And so it goes all night.
My suggestion is two-fold, for whatever it's worth (maybe .02, maybe not): (1) make sure your "money" partners switch with you on every whistle you can and (2) if you can't be consistent with your partner then at least be consistent with yourself. If you're the lead on the V end of the floor and call contact on the shooter, then you better be calling the same contact as lead on the H end of the floor.

When a coach eventually asks you about call discrepancy (and we all know one of them will), you simply state "Coach, I'm calling my primary as consistently as I can" or "Coach, I didn't see the contact you saw...it was in my P's primary, you'll have to ask him about it." No matter how much you want to, NEVER throw a partner under the bus to a coach. It makes us all look bad in the long run.

Good luck and hang in there!