View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 29, 2002, 12:45pm
certified Hot Mom tester

No, I've just been extremely busy moving. Since all our kids are now grown, my wife decided to "downsize" (no - that doesn't mean "go on a diet"). We bought a townhome about 2 miles from where our house was. Our house sale closed really fast and we had to live in an apartment for 8 weeks until the townhome was finished. It was a real hassle with our dog. He's used to having his own yard.

Anyway, we are now all moved in and I started games last weekend at The Hoop in Beaverton. It's 8th grade through varsity both boys and girls.

Today, they're having a "Girls Showcase" for two hours where all the teams from the area play 22 minute "mini-games" on a rotating basis so all the HS coaches can come to watch and take notes. I then go back tonight for two more games after dinner.

Yesterday, one of the refs got stung by a bee during a game. It was on a court on the other side of the facility and I only heard about it about an hour after it happened. He was OK, but the other guys said it was really funny watching him run into the locker room screaming.