View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2008, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Comments

It was a catch inbounds & a heave... partner said he had nada

Bad partner, always have a backcourt count, even if it is not visual.

I didn't think visual & mental counts could be used one in the same... the mental counts don't show up on tape to support us taking time off the clock

Your three second count is not visual. The rule says definate knowledge, if you have a count in your head that is definate knowledge, it doesn't call for you to visually count.

Dont know about that but I'll check into it, I like the visual counts myself, not making up a count

In federation you really are not supposed to do that, in college they want you to give your best estimate if there is no exact knowledge or a monitor to give the information, but I doubt there is a person in the gym that is going to argue if you did that. they do not know that it is not definate knowledge and I would bet you would be fairly close too.

I hear you & we did all that, I said he intercepted me but failed to mention that he fumbled me too...

Say it a second time and then if he persists WHACK for interfering with you doing you job.

Did that... so I should've traded in one problem child for another? I figured he was the best they had to offer...

It is the job of the administration to provide someone acceptable to you to run the clock that may mean that one of them has to do it.

It is a bad situation and if this place is a part of the regular High school league they need to abide by those rules. You need to inform the league of the situation so that they can address it with the school. Let's face it you probably do not want to go back there and deal with that again. I imagine that most people would not either. So if they want professional officials they need to provide a professional atmosphere for them to work in.