View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2008, 04:10pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald View Post
Questions and a thought:

1) Did you or another official have some type of discussion with the timer about procedures for starting the clock? Seems from your post that this was an ongoing issue that the officials were not aware of or were aware of it and did not do anything proactive to rectify the clock management.

Yes, we had the usual pre-game convo about all the ins & outs of running the clock properly.

2) Sounds like a good issue for the vetererns on this board to give thoughtful guidance on how to handle a situation of this nature.

Although I'm grateful for the posters who have shared thusfar, I'm hoping some of the vets with decades worth of experience will chime in.

3) Is there anything specific in the rules that allows one to blow the whistle, go to the timer and tell em to start the clock when the ball is now inbounded?

Is there? Even if I knew it, I would sure hate to take a scoring opportunity away from the offense, down by 8

4) If not a specific rule (do not remember one), how about the all encomposing one that allows the referee to make decisions not specifically addressed in the rules?

Thanks
Thank you!