View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2008, 04:02pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHBBREF View Post
Your partner should have had a count here until the ball is caught in the front court. So you should have had definative knowledge of this time.

It was a catch inbounds & a heave... partner said he had nada

Since you knew this was a recurring theme all night you should have been ready to count here (actually during any game), you knew the clock wasn't running.

I didn't think visual & mental counts could be used one in the same... the mental counts don't show up on tape to support us taking time off the clock

without really thinking about it - you could add one second for each of these actions to the count your partner had for back court.

Dont know about that but I'll check into it, I like the visual counts myself, not making up a count

The first thing that is going to happen here is I am putting up a big old stop sign to the coach and telling him that he needs to let me take care of my business first, then I get with my partner and we figure out just how much time expired, we go to the table and arrange for that amount to be taken off the clock. Then we deal with the coach.
If time has come off the clock he goes away and there is no need to talk to him.

I hear you & we did all that, I said he intercepted me but failed to mention that he fumbled me too...

If no time comes off the clock, after talking with my partner I explain why no time is coming of the clock and that there is nothing I can do, but I never even aknowledge the comment about a protest - this does nothing to help the situation.

That's exactly what I said to coach...

Early on when this was a recurring them you might have suggested to the game management that they explain to the clock operator the importance of their job, and if it persists you are well within you rights to insist on a new clock operator.

Did that... so I should've traded in one problem child for another? I figured he was the best they had to offer...

Like it or not, they are part of your crew and even if they are in detention they still need to do the job because it ultimatly could reflect on your managment of the game.
Concur, that was the first time I experienced the saying "you're only as good as your table crew".
Thanks for the advice!