View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2008, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

One that I'll remember

Last night my high school crew had a pretty big game. It ended up being a 2 point game, won on a shot with 1.9 left on the clock (incidently, the clock did run to 0, we all had definite knowledge of when the time out was granted, had to get students off the floor, and put the time back on). Anyway, with about 10 seconds left, we were in the visiting team's froncourt, tie game. We had a laser beam pass from weak side to strong side and neither of my partners had a tip (I was L and had post players in front of me). A time out is called. The V coach tried to talk us into it being tipped, but we sent him to his huddle and got him calmed down.

I go to my spot on the sideline for the throw in, and Roy Williams is in the front row about 10 feet from me (scouting a big time prospect from the home team). He catches my eye, makes eye contact, nods and says, "It wasn't tipped. Nice call." It was kind of neat.

Anyway, total nut cutter the second half. I was really happy with my crew. I was still juiced up when I got home and ended up being awake until after 2, but it will certainly be one I remember. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by doubleringer; Wed Dec 10, 2008 at 01:10pm.