View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 09, 2008, 09:17pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I've kept the book and clock for our state tournament. It is definitely an eye-opening experience. Every official should have to do it.
It gives you a much deeper appreciation of your table crew.
It also impresses upon you how important it is to give clear and crisp signals to the table.
Completely concur Nevada! It ain't easy at "the big time" and I've done a lot of Rec games! It was more hectic than I thought as there was many four and five man substitutions. I was ok by the end of game two but need to concenrate more on my job.

I noticed the two handed college mechanics used sometime. Specific ways the refs chopped the clock. Different angles. Making eye contact with the officials/scorer while inbounding the ball. Those kids run onto the floor before the buzzer or a whistle. "Hey son, tuck that shirt in" (hey, I can help). But most importantly, reporting to the scorer so they can see/hear. "Foul, 0, hold". Buzzzz! "There is no 0!" "Oh, ok, that's 10!"