Thread: U mayk duh cawl
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 09, 2008, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmara View Post
Forgive me for not being able to find the case play but isn't there a case play where A1 intentionally spins the ball, while in the frontcourt, into the backcourt and it returns to the frontcourt where A2 is standing. If my memory serves me correctly, the act is deemed a violation because A1 intentionally spun the ball. Anyone recall this caseplay?

I guess I'm having a difficult time calling the OP a violation because the ball was in frontcourt status when they touched the ball. Granted I hope this never happens Good discussion Mark

-Josh
Intent is irrelevant. If the ball merely touches the backcourt, it is in the backcourt....likewise for the frontcourt (assuming the dribbler exception is not relevant).

In your play, team A had control and the ball that was in FC, ball gained BC status when it bounced in the BC (ok so far), it was last touched by A1 prior to it gaining BC status (ok so far), then team A was the next team to touch the ball...anywhere...frontcourt or backcourt.....violation.

The only difference in Mark's play was that it hit the official in the BC....which is exactly the same as hitting the floor in the BC. Otherwise, the two plays are identical.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Tue Dec 09, 2008 at 05:11pm.