Thread: U mayk duh cawl
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 09, 2008, 11:48am
certified Hot Mom tester

Question U mayk duh cawl

This almost happened in a game last night. If it had, what's the call? A1 has the ball in frontcourt. A1 passes to A2. A2 isn't looking and the ball passes her by and hits the trail official who is standing in team A's backcourt, caroms off the official and hits A2 who is still in their frontcourt. Do you have a call here?

When I say it "almost" happened, the ball hit the official (my partner, not me) and when it went back into A's frontcourt, it was caught by B1, but it just missed hitting A2.

My partner and I discussed it at the half and both agreed it would have been a violation because all four elements of that call were present.

BTW - this was an 8th grade competitive girls game with the final score 20-7. We called a grand total of one foul in the whole game! There were no 3 second, 5 second or 10 second calls. The scorer kept track of the held balls and there were 27 in the game. IOW, there were as many held balls as there were total points. Man, am I getting all the weird games. Maybe there's a message here?