View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 07, 2008, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
Some of us began at the back of the line. Remember removing the mask with your left hand. Remember the drills. Remember holding the indicator in your left hand or standing in front of the mirror. How many times did your plate hat fall off?
So, you've moved from learning to take an HSM off to learning how to take a conventional mask off. Can you stay on subject for one post?

Quote:
Its was a snap to remove, not a combination lock. Unsnap the thing and remove. How it is any more difficult than taking off a HSM is obtuse to me. Whats the old saying, "Its a snap," mean to you?
Because one has to reach to the back, undo at least one (and probably two) snap(s), then reach to the front.

Quote:
The LSH doen't fit as tight as a baseball HSM so it is much easier to remove from your head.
Lacrosse helmets fit more tightly if worn properly.

Quote:
How to remove a HSM with one hand is beyond me. Add a hockey throat guard and it is impossible to remove. BTW, Im not trying to be obtuse here.
The same way you grasp a conventional mask. You grab it on the left side of the jaw, pull forward and up, and it's off.

Quote:
I warped by the strange idea that a HSM is the only suitable baseball helmet on the market for catchers and umpires.
Form follows function. A helmet that is not designed for baseball is not likely to be as functional as one that is.