View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 07, 2008, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

[quote=SAump;555908]Thanks for the replies.

1) How long will it take to remove that annoying bar with a hacksaw?/quote]
One should never assume they know more than the engineers that designed the protective device in the first place. This usually leads to meeting new acquaintances in the local Emergency Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
2) One should remove a mask. One should not remove a helmet. Say goodbye to that HSM throat guard attachment and replacing all those worn out plate hats.
Maybe you should check with the Pros who wear the "bucket". Most of them remove the "bucket" as often as we remove our masks. No comment on throat guards as I am not a believer in them.

Quote:
3) Would you wear a helmet without a chin strap? HSM users who now worry about getting hit on the back of the head have a better argument for wearing a chin strap. It reduces the risk of concussion from a 95mph foul ball. Think of it as safety and well-being or continue to wear a mask at your own risk.
Chin straps are not needed for umpires. Where did you come up with the idea that chin straps help when getting hit in the back of the head? As far as the "bucket" vs a mask, I've been wearing a mask for almost 30 years and I am still here!

Quote:
4) There was discussion about players having to wear a helmet w/face shield for his or her safety. Rules were amended to allow their voluntary use by participants. The idea of implementing a mandatory requirement was rejected. Base coaches couldn't escape the requirement of wearing a fielder's helmet. It won't be long before the issue returns to the discussion table.
Okay, what's your point?

SA, you are heading for another fall with this discussion!