View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 04, 2008, 11:33am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
Oh, so when the clock is ticking down to the last few seconds, we can screw the team trailing and in the hurry up offense out of their time? With the logic in your quote, I take it that we don't need to hustle. Watch a game at the NFL and college level, and what do you see happening when the clock is ticking down? You see the crew hustling like crazy because the offense is hustling because of the clock running down. Now, if that isn't giving an advantage, what is?
That is the default pace.

We can slow down if the teams aren't ready to snap right away or if the clock isn't running and we need the time.

Trust me, if the clock is running and the team is working no-huddle, we're hustling whether it's the last minute or the first minute.

But this (described in this thread) is a new series and the clock is stopped. Taking the proper time here does what, other than screw the defense out of the chance to properly substitute?

I guarantee, every time there is a new series I take the same amount of time. Nobody is going to hurry me or the crew into making a mistake, the clock isn't running.