View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 03, 2008, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
Artificial Noisemakers

Last night I had small high school varsity. You know the gym, no space between the sideline and the bleachers, and a stage at one end. In this gym the students sat on risers on the stage. Several of the students were using megaphones while the visitors were shooting free throws at that end. I had game management tell the students to quit using the megaphones. Between quarters my partner came to me and said he thought that megaphones were not considered artificial noisemakers. After the game we both checked the rule book. In the 2008-09 rule book we could find no reference to artificial noisemakers and in the 2007-08 rule book, rule 2.1.18 only references artificial noise makers with no definition. The case book mentions the band playing and the PA system making broken glass sounds only. Are megaphones considered artificail noisemakers AND has that rule been omitted from the 2008-09 rule book or have I just overlooked it?