View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 02, 2008, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Horrible, awful, terrible call. ............That was a crap call that stole a national championship. I don't referee football, just basketball, but at least I can admit it when I think a basketball official on TV has kicked a call. Why can't football officials do the same?
First, to even suggest that football officials are reluctant to criticize other football officials, suggests you don't read a lot of football official forums and are apparently prone to offering opinions where you have no relevant standing.

Second, as an official you should realize and understand the process ANY official, working any sport, should go through before assessing any foul or penalty situation and you lack credible experience to offer a crtique about a process you know nothing about.

Third, any "official" who thinks he is smart enough to criticize an official working a different sport, about the fine line application of a rule in a National Championship level game is either an egomaniac or a complete fool. There is no 3rd choice.