View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 02, 2008, 11:51am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf5 View Post
We aren't going to force our mechanics on anyone. We can work with ball boys from both sides or one side. We've had games where one side says we don't have a ball boy and the other side has handled both with no problems. That crew is pretty arrogant and/or completely inept if you ask me.
My thoughts exactly. I will adjust to whatever the conference/school practice is.

That said, I could've kissed the coach late in the season who told me he'd just use the home team footballs, if that was OK with the home coach. It was and we rarely had to change footballs and we had a ball boy ready with 2 balls anyway.

Regarding the OP's situation -- I'm not going to start a new series unless the chains are set and the new defense has had an ample opportunity to substitute after a punt or free kick, anyway, so I'm not sure if it matters much in those situations. On long incompletes, we're getting a new ball immediately anyway, so I'm not sure how that would change things, either. Now, since they are only asking for one football, I guess the crew would be waiting on that same football to come back, which is, IMO, poor officiating anyway.