View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 02, 2008, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Horrible, awful, terrible call. I don't have enough adjectives to describe how bad that call was. When was he holding him while the ball was in the air? There was ZERO contact when the ball was in the air before it was touched. NONE. Go back and watch the first video. They zoom in and slow it down once the ball is released. If Porter wanted to throw the flag because of the "holding" at the line of scrimmage, why didn't he throw his flag then? Why did he wait 3 full seconds after the play was over (And probably 5+ after the "holding" at the line) before he threw the flag?

That was a crap call that stole a national championship. I don't referee football, just basketball, but at least I can admit it when I think a basketball official on TV has kicked a call. Why can't football officials do the same?

We do point out mistakes WHEN THEY ARE MADE and if you spent any degree of time on our boards you would realize that. In fact, we do so so much that Referee magazine has even blasted us in a recent issue.

This is not a matter of ignoring a bad call, this is a matter of supporting a good call.