View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 01:56pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC2 View Post
Juggling - you okay? Is the cold getting to you up there? You seem extremely perturbed.

I would assume *somebody* blew a whistle, since they huddled about it. If not - that's pretty bad. Although we get assailed a lot, it is our duty as officials to be upstanding and honest - and sometimes we must admit fault no matter how hard it may be. Hopefully the official that blew the whistle will fess up - and if it is determined that no official actually blew a whistle, then that crew should be harshly punished - maybe a one year suspension.
It's situations like in the OP that gives people good reason to hate referees. And I don't blame them one bit.

Even if it out comes out that the author is a piss-poor journalist, most people know that corrections/retractions aren't seen by all people that saw the original story. And thus officials get a bad persona.

Three cameras with no evidence of an IW?
The CC couldn't tell the coach which official had the IW.
- I think couldn't can only mean: (a) it is against policy to inform coaches who had the IW, or (b) he didn't know who had the IW.
- If either (a) or (b) is true, you bet that the coach is pissed, and rightfully so.
- Wouldn't tell the coach who had the IW is different. Still stupid, imho, though.

Also note that Jorgensen never said that the correct call was made... only that the situation is "unfortunate".