View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 28, 2008, 12:41pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBSports View Post
lol, I was thinking the same thing. But yea, you can't really ignore it because they are going to keep doing it until they get the rebound. And if you don't call it, then the coach is going to go crazy saying we had a violation. So I dunno.

If you can tell they are intentionally doing it, give a warning to the coach, saying the next one will be charged with delay of game; which results in a technical, as well as the remaining shot, without anyone able to cause a violation. I will look this one up and ask around to a few of the college refs. Great question though!!!

-Lucas
Do not threaten a delay of game warning.

If B1 is just putting his foot into the lane and not giving himself an advantage; ignore it.

If B1 is getting all the way into the lane, thus giving himself an advantage, warn the coach after the second one. Don't threaten a delay of game warning, you can't do it by rule. By rule, you can, however, issue a Technical foul. So, in this situation; call the first violation. Call the 2nd violation and warn the coach. The third violation earns a technical foul and you won't have to worry about it anymore.