View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Odd Situation - Very Funny as well

Well, I had my first NCCA-W game on Saturday and it was crazy from the start. The visiting team only had 5 players and about 5 minutes into the game, one of the 5 is injured and has to leave the court. So the team continues on with 4 players for the rest of the game. Then, with about 20 seconds left in the game, the losing coach tells the guard to hold the ball and the guard was at the top of the key. She keep asking the coach if she can just launch a last second shot. He says "hold the ball." So, while this dialogue is going back and forth between them, she is moving towards the backcourt. Then I look up and she is dribbling in the back court!!!!! OMG!!!!! Thats back court....tweet!!!!! It caught me totally off guard and my buddies in the stands were laughing like crazy, not to mention both coaches as well as the players. There was about a 2 second delay between her being in the backcourt and my whistle.....so the other team gets the ball back, and they hold it for 2 seconds...end of game.