View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2008, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to falsecut Send a message via AIM to falsecut Send a message via Yahoo to falsecut
Bears fan also. New rule on me as well. But I don't see how this NCAA rule would apply: "When a Team A potential kicker, from scrimmage kick formation, simulates a scrimmage kick by throwing the ball high and deep, and contact by a Team B player occurs." There was nothing thrown high nor did it seem to me that there was any intent to disguise the throw as a kick.

"Defensive holding, such as tackling a receiver, still can be called...." and it sure looked like to me that it should have been. Contact was clearly early, the receiver couldn't have been mistaken for a blocker, and the contact was from the middle of the field out to the sideline. It certainly seems like this was something the crew should have gotten.

Actually, for once this season, I actually got to watch some NFL football and I couldn't believe the number of times in the two games I watched (Bears and Giants) that the officials picked up a flag. And the explanations of penalties of the crew that did the Bears were lousy all game I thought.