View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2008, 09:56am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pennsylvania Coach View Post
Yesterday we had our annual chapter clinic, which is really just an extended chapter meeting, with our interpreter going through a whole game (where to go and what to do pregame, jump ball, FTs, subs, timeouts, et cetera) and there was one thing he said that I don't think is right. Somebody asked him because we thought he had it backwards but he stood by what he said. He said that in two-person, when the trail signals a made three in their primary, the lead should mirror the signal. Yes or no?
Here's my understanding:

The T's primary on 3-point attempts is from the endline on his half of the court, up to the top of the 3-point line, and back down to the free-throw line extended on the opposite side of the court. The L's primary on 3-point attempts is from the endline on his half of the court, up to the free-throw line extended on his side of the court.

If a 3PA originates from your primary, you should signal the attempt.

If a 3PA attempt is successful, and you signalled the attempt, you should also signal the good.

The T should always signal the successful 3PA.
- This means that the T will mirror the L, but the L will never mirror the T.
- The T mirrors the L so that the "good" signal so that the signal is clearly visible to the scorekeeper's table.

I believe that your interpretor has erred.