View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 22, 2008, 09:33am
Esteemed Forum Member

Devil's Advocate ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I'm all for reducing ball watching, but if the Lead simply takes a few steps back and positions himself near the corner of the court. He can handle the sideline while still giving 80% of his attention to post play. I still say that there is no way that the Trail is going to be accurate on that far sideline.
I agree with you, maybe because I've been doing it the old way for over a quarter of a century, but, for sake of argument, that corner is out of the lead's primary. I will go on record that, in my case, over twenty-seven years, about 90% of my out of bounds calls, from the lead, that required me to ask my trail partner for help, came from this quarter of the front court, and, I'm guessing, that he, or she, was able to give me a call, without resorting to the arrow, or a "real" jump ball, about 75% the time. On the other hand, if we went to the IAABO option, how often would the trail ask for, and get help, from the lead?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)