View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 22, 2008, 09:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

Wait A Minute While I Get Up On My Soapbox ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
We worked four separate quarters, one each for JV girls, JV boys, V girls, and V boys. Each quarter started with a jump ball. It was just like the good old days, minus the short shorts.
I was surprised, and honored, to wake up this morning to find a thread with my username in the title. You should have played the scrimmage under the experimental "BillyMac" rule:

Rule 6: Live Ball And Dead Ball
Section 2: Starting Game/Quarter
Article 1: The game begins when the ball becomes live for a throw-in, or free throw.
Article 2: To start the game, the ball shall be put in play by a throw in by the team that wins the coin toss between opposing captains at the pregame coaches/captains/officials conference. The referee will toss the coin. The home captain will call either heads, or tails, while the tossed coin is in the air. The referee will provide the coin for the coin toss. This coin must be legal tender from any country officially recognized by the NFHS, providing that it has an easily identified head, and tail, and that it's face value be at least one United States cent. The losing captain of the coin toss shall be allowed to keep the coin, thus insuring that all parties leave the pregame coaches/captains/officials conference happy. It is considered unsporting, and must be penalized with a technical foul, charged to the home team captain, for said captain to call, "Heads I win. Tails you lose", or any variation of said call.
Article 3: To start the second, third, fourth, and if necessary, extra quarters, the ball shall be put in play by a throw-in under the alternating-possession procedure.

(Alternative Article 3 for games played under the experimental "Mark Padgett/BillyMac" rule: To start the second, third, and fourth quarters, the ball shall be put in play by a throw-in under the alternating-possession procedure.)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)