View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 12, 2008, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT View Post
So you are saying that we have 1st hand knowledge from an official who was working the game who told Bob that "The NFL has a subtle interpretation that when considering the possibility of IG, the throw "must be a natural act of passing the ball."
The supervisor of officials Mr. Pereira, supported the IG on that part of the rule, BUT you are saying they are wrong!!!!!?????

How much more clear can it be that for "this particular play" IG was the correct call based on the NFL rules.

Exactly. If the boss says it is right, then it is right. It don't matter what anyone else thinks. This reminds me of working a youth game a couple years ago where this one team ran the "center sneak" play. Of course this is an illegal snap when they ran it. During the halftime we were standing around and the mother of this kid couldn't believe it was illegal since they ran it last week. She was respectful enough that I didn't mind showing her the rule. After showing her the words in black and white, her exact response was, "that's not right." I though to myself, "how can it not be right when it's right there word for word." The same applies for this play in question. You can't argue if the boss says the Ref got it right.