View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 11, 2008, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack View Post
I would hope Pereira would address this tomorrow. Official Review has been kinda tame/lame lately.
Yes, the stuff they go over isn't really interesting. I think last week they had a clip where a player caught a kickoff with a foot out of bounds and the foul was called; they spent about half the time of the whole segment going over this, I could have explained it in 15 seconds...and on top of that I believe that was the third time that topic has come up in the past 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Why? Any foul by A in the end zone in that situation is going to be a safety.
Because things matter. I believe NFL officials are graded on getting the fouling player's number; of course they want fouls explained correctly. Just because IG is a type of IFP does not mean one should signal IFP when there is IG.

Quote:
Same enforcement in HS. I'd have to look it up for NFL.
In both the NCAA and NFL passes thrown to conserve yardage are penalized different than other IG fouls.

Quote:
Nah, "grasping/tackling a non-ball carrier" isn't listed as an option. Illegal forward pass is.
No, it is not an option. The NFL rule book is not specific as to what signal is to be given, although it would make sense to give the IG signal when IG is called. In the NCAA book passes thrown to conserve yardage specifically listed to use whatever signal number IG is, and other IFP such as 2nd forward pass are to use the IFP signal.