View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 11, 2008, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

I worked with a guy that had a grey SUL

from +POS. It had a big dent in the upper cross bar above his left eye. He said he was going to wear it until it broke because he paid so much for it. I have not worked with him since or seen him so I hope he isn't dead. He only worked the lesser quality teams in our area as he did not like to travel and he lives just down the street from one of the furthest high schools from our central area of the region. Funny thing is, he probably gets hit more doing those lesser quality games than I do.

I have the Wilson Titanium new view style. I love it. I sold/am selling my three other masks as I do not plan on ever wearing them again. (Black Wilson Chrome Moly New View with Amara wraparounds and Navy Honigs single bar ultralite with traditional Wilson Doeskins still available if interested).

I worked a college scrimmage this past Saturday night and one of the three catchers I worked behind had the Nike titanium. He liked it but said it was so light he did not feel comfortable wearing it yet. I tried it on between innings and looked through it and I think the weight was very close to my Wilson. It had the cloth Nike pads in royal blue and a plain harness with no shade or dangler. I have added a sun shade and a 4 inch dangling throat guard on mine and it still does not weigh down the bill of my six stitch hat.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend it.
"We are the stewards of baseball. Our "customers" aren't schools, or coaches, or conferences. Our customer is the game itself." Warren Wilson, quoted by Carl Childress, Officiating.com article, June 3, 2008.