View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 11, 2008, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dholloway1962 View Post
Agree with the above comments. My only gripe about the one I attended was that there were several rookie umpires there and that drug it down, due to having to spend extra time with some basics. All in all great experience!

Can anyone offer info on the Fast Pitch Camp? Thinking about applying for the one in OKC in June. $400 is alot to fork out if enrollment isn't somewhat controlled.

Thanks
You will find that, like many umpire schools, there will be some that are over there head and slow you down at times. But, overall, this is a much more intensive class with individualized instruction from the upper tier. When you leave, you will know it was worth it.

SRW on this board did it two springs ago (2007) in Cumming, GA; I think he can add a lot of personal experience. I last did it in 2001 in Killeen, TX, but also helped and audited part of the 2007. I have been told the 2008 camp (also in Cumming, GA) had fewer unprepared umpires.

Also, there is no better way to get on the radar of the top tier of the NUS in ASA. This will get you excellent consideration for whatever your next tier might be in ASA Nationals.

Last edited by AtlUmpSteve; Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 04:49pm. Reason: Added info